In the last decade, there has been a worldwide growth in the interest for alternative fuels. Biodiesel Fatty Acid Methyl Esters (FAMEs) offer an alternative to fossil diesel fuel. FAME can be blended with petroleum diesel (mostly B5, B7 and B20) or used as pure biodiesel (B100).
The AC Analytical Controls Biodiesel All in One analyzer quickly determines the quality of fatty acid methyl esters (FAME) blending stock for diesel fuel, and yields results fast from a single dedicated system. The analyzer is completely tested and calibrated according to specified methods and includes multiple sets of calibration components, internal standards, and reagents.
The Biodiesel All in One analyzer covers all the current chromatographic tests listed for the specification methods in one system (see below table).
|Free & total glycerin
|Ester and linolenic acid methyl ester content
|Free & total glycerol, mono-, di-, and triglyceride content
The AC Biodiesel All in One Analyzer uses a single Agilent 7890A Series GC with electronic pneumatics control (EPC), an AC proprietary TPI inlet, a Split/Splitless inlet, two capillary columns, one programmable external capillary column oven, and two Flame Ionization Detectors.
High throughput, small footprint
- Features a short analysis time
- Automates analysis with an optional Automatic Liquid Sampler
- Combines all relevant biodiesel applications within one flexible system for a complete biodiesel solution
Innovative system design
- Decreases operator intervention with the secondary programmable column oven – no need for the removal of columns or other hardware when switching applications
- Guarantees excellent long term results
- Increases productivity to no down-time for column replacement or other maintenance
- Decreases costs due to time savings on operator time and spare parts
- Improves system up time in the lab
- Complies with the latest updates from ASTM D6584, EN 14103, EN 14105, EN 14110 methods
- Complies with and prEN 16300 for Iodine Value
Enhanced and user-friendly software
- Reports all relevant information for each method
- Calculates with no need for additional programming
- Checks data against specification (pass/fail)
- Ensures traceability through calibration data
- Automates column performance checks for easy quality control
- Includes all calibration components, internal standards, and reagents for each method
- Installs easily, and a qualified support engineer handles installation system on-site and familiarizes users with operation