Designed for laboratory analysis, the PetroSpec DT-100 Dye Tester by PAC is an affordable and fast portable analyzer that is ideal for the simultaneous quantification of dye and color concentrations in diesel fuels and heating oils. The DT-100 complies with the ASTM D6756 method for determination of red dye concentration and estimation of ASTM color of diesel fuel and heating oil using a portable visible spectrophotometer.
Two configurations are available:
- DT-100C provides an accurate measurement of active red dye concentration and ASTM color in diesel fuels and heating oils
Measures dye solvent red 26
- DT-100C-IS provides an accurate measurement of specific dyes and markers in diesel fuels and heating oils.
- Measures dye solvent red 24, solvent red 19, and solvent blue 79
- Measures markers solvent yellow 124, quinizarin, and furfural
Using the latest visible laser and LED photometric techniques, the DT-100 accurately reads red dye concentration while correcting for the ASTM color of the un-dyed base fuel. This ensures accurate dye content analysis, even when the dye cant be seen with the naked eye.
Color and Haze
Features & Benefits
- Tests within 5 seconds
- Requires no technical training
- Provides accurate spectroscopic analysis
- Reports results on-screen within seconds
- Exports data automatically to a computer or workstation via an RS-232 serial port