Jet Fuel Thermal Oxidation Tester
ASTM D3241, IP 323, ISO 6249
Alcor’s JFTOT IV is the globally recognized standard for jet fuel thermal oxidation testing with a worldwide installed base over 1000 instruments of various generations of JFTOT instruments. In addition to its accurate and reliable jet fuel analysis, it offers enhanced safety features and simplified operational capabilities in a smaller, streamlined package than previous generations. The JFTOT IV strictly follows ASTM D3241, IP 323, and ISO 6249 standard test methods.
The JFTOT IV provides significant benefits to users:
- Enhanced safety
- Sample and waste containers minimize jet fuel vapor exposure to operators and to the environment
- Sliding test door prevents exposure to the hot heater tube test section
- Ease of use
- Previously manual tasks, such as priming the pump, monitoring sample flow, and aerating the sample, are now automated
- Reduced operator intervention by 80% per test (when using all the automated features)
- Operator now only needs 10 minutes per test compared to the ~50 minutes required by previous instruments.
The JFTOT IV’s highly automated features not only make it easier to use, but also increase lab productivity. The operator time saved is approximately 40 minutes per test, which means they are free to perform their other job duties. If you run three tests every day, you could increase lab productivity by as much as 25%.
Alcor by PAC is the global leader in jet fuel thermal oxidation testing with over 40 years of experience in the industry. Alcor introduced the first jet fuel thermal oxidation tester in 1972. The JFTOT IV is the sixth generation analyzer of this line.
Jet Fuel Thermal Oxidation Test
Features & Benefits
- Decreasing operator and environment exposure to jet fuel vapor with a vapor containment system
- Preventing exposure to the hot heater tube section with a safety door; test wont start until the door is closed
- Reducing exposure to fuel by flushing fuel lines at the end of the test; keeps test section dry during disassembly
- Automating traditionally time-intensive manual activities, such as pump priming, flow monitoring, and sample aeration
- Easy and fast data extraction with the new fully integrated RFID reader/writer for the Alcor Intelligent Heater Tubes (IHT)
- Instrument software supports multiple languages.
Reduced Operator Intervention by 80%
- Operator now only required for 10 minutes per test compared to the ~50 minutes required by previous instruments
- Provides traceable and archived results with the IHT by storing the analysis data electronically on the IHT
Lab Productivity Increased by 25%
- The technician now spends 10 minutes preparing and running the samplesversus the approximately 50 minutes needed for previous versions. When running three tests per day, this time savings translates into:
- 2 hours per day
- 14 hours per week
- 728 hours per year
- 91 work days (8-hour days) per year
- 91/365 (total of working days) = 25%