ASTM D4814, ASTM D7671, IP 611
Sensors in modern automotive fuel systems often use silver or silver alloys, which are susceptible to corrosion from sulfur in gasoline. In the past decade, refiners have shifted to producing lower-sulfur gasoline, but the process requires more severe hydro-treating that destroys naturally occurring compounds that give some protection against sulfur-based corrosion.
Ensuring that fuel stays within acceptable limits requires constant and accurate corrosion testing equipment. Unfortunately, modern silver strip corrosion test methods rely heavily on user bias, as the operator must evaluate corrosivity by interpreting the color and tarnish level of a silver strip after it has been bathed in a fuel sample.
AgDDI corrosion testing equipment, from Ayalytical Instruments (USA), uses a four-step automated vision algorithm and classification process to eliminate user bias. After evaluating the silver strip for corrosivity, the algorithm assigns the sample an integer between 0 and 4, with 0 being no corrosion at all and 4 showing significant blackening. AgDDI provides standardization to the current visual silver strip corrosion test as referred in ASTM D7671 and gasoline fuel specification ASTM D4814.
REQUEST A QUOTE
The following accessories are recommended for purchase in sequential order:
- Silver test coupon for D7671, IP227, ea.
- Polishing VISE – Holds 6 Strips
- D7671 Cradle, PTFE, Silver Strip Holder, Procedure A.
- Test Tubes, 25-mm x 150-mm, Dozen
- Viewing Test Tube, Each
- Silicon Carbide Sheets, 240-Grit, 50 Pack
- Silicon Carbide Grains/Powder, 150 mesh, 450 grams
- CuDDI/AgDDI calibration standard. Used as daily QC/Validation and calibration of camera & motor position. Supplied in storage case with certificate valid for one year.
- Test Pressure Vessels
- Replacement NFX Handle (Integrated Motor)
- Replacement Glass Overlay – VISAYA
- Replacement Power Board – Universal Input
- Replacement Z-Drive – Supplied with Camera Mount
|Applicable Test Methods||ASTM D4814, ASTM D7671, IP 611,|
|Corrosion Detection Range||0, to 4 & Levels|
|Display Units||Color, ASTM Rating and Strip Size|
|Detection Method||Patent Pending CMOS Digital Detection|
|Precision||+/- 0.25% of Raw Reading|
|Optical Design||Patent Pending Optical Arrangement|
|Light Source||LED, 7,000K|
|Measuring Time||2.5 minutes|
|Calibration||Vision Calibration with Standard|
|Display||10.1” Projective Capacitance Touch (Multi Touch)|
|Interface||Ethernet x2, USB 3.0 x1, USB 2.0 x4, HDMI, VGA, USB Printer, USB Mouse and Keyboard|
|Memory / Storage||64 GB SSD Storage|
|Temperature Range||10° to 35° C|
|Humidity||Up to 85% Non Condensing|
|Power||Auto-switching 90 ~ 264VAC, 47 ~ 63Hz, 280 Watt Power Supply|
|Space Requirements||80 mm (3”) on Sides and Back|
|Gross Dimensions & Weight||Weight 10 Kg. (22 lbs.)
400x350x530mm, 15 Kg. (15x14x21” 33lbs.)